Regional Schools of Racing (RSR) are YouthA and older YouthB race training sessions run by British Cycling coaches.
Details of RSR sessions will be published each year.
Riders are nominated to RSR’s on the basis of current performance, ability, potential and enthusiasm at club level by a regional panel of coaches from Go-Ride clubs and BC coaching staff.
Riders need to demonstrate capability at significant regional events, and at National events in the current and previous years to be selected.
Riders are then invited to sessions by BC coaching.
What to Expect
These are hard training sessions for riders with ambition to progress with their cycling activity run by the BC Apprentice coaches. Riders are expected to take responsibility with preparation, commitment to the sessions and attention to the learning process.
Feedback is provided to riders, and in summary to regional coaches after each RSR, then again at the regional panel of coaches.
Riders must earn their place at following RSR sessions, initial nomination is not for a static group of riders.
RSR sessions are:
- On a regional basis, around 8 times a year
- Run at regional venues
- Intended for YouthA and second year YouthB riders
- Road, Track, Cyclocross, MTB
- Encourage local coaches to get involved to gain experience
- Run by British Cycling coaching staff
- For nominated riders only
- Requires riders to manage the entry process
- There is a charge for each session.