UNDER 12s MEMBERSHIP NOW FULL - Waiting list to start 1st December 2012.
The number of under 12's wanting to access the club's fortnightly coaching sessions at Seedhill is presently outstripping the recommended coach to rider ratio. We reluctantly have to introduce a waiting list for all under 12s.
For those who are presently not members but have been attending recently, the last opportunity to join C.S.P will be at the Saturday session on the 1st of December.
After this point a waiting list will operate with priority allocated to riders with their own bike and on the first available space in age groups 7 to 8, 9 to 10, 11 to 12. An application form to be put on the waiting list will be available at each session or can be downloaded here and handed in at a session or send to Peter Boast (details on the form).
Club subscriptions are due for 2013
Subscriptions are now due for 2013 however, as a concession, if you joined from September onwards in 2012 membership will be carried over and you will have nothing to pay until 2014.
Please pay your subscription to Christine at the next Go-Ride session. (£6 youth, £10 adult, £20 family)
Your subs and coaching charges are used in a number of ways and cover affiliation charges and so on. It's imperative we continue to fundraise and we will announce opportunities as they arise.
We have a full range of club kit, go to out kit page for full details.
Code of conduct documents.
CSP Code of Conduct for Young People - pdf
Code of Conduct for Parent / Carers and Other Supporters - pdf
First / Second Claim Rules for Members - pdf
Club Rules for all participants at club events and sessions:
- It is part of the British Cycling Code of Conduct to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to establish a safe environment where young people can enjoy developing their cycling skills.
- Parents/carers are welcome to stay and watch the session but this is not compulsory.
- Young people are expected to remain in the session from beginning to end unless they have to leave early. If the young person has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than the parent/carer, the parent/carer must advise the coach of the details of the arrangement, including who will be collecting the rider.
- It is the young person's responsibility to participate in cycling activities in a sporting manner.
- Any young riders who persistently misbehave or put others in danger will be asked to leave the session.
- It is the parent's / carer's responsibility to ensure that their child's bike is in a safe condition to ride.
- A correctly fitting cycling helmet must be worn at all times during the cycling activity sessions.
- For all children under 12 years, coaching sessions will take place at a traffic-free facility. Over 12s may be involved in coaching sessions that take place on the public highway. Young people are only invited to take part when the coaches feel they are sufficiently responsible for their own actions and have developed the necessary bike handling skills and fitness levels in order to cope with riding on the public highways.
- Parents and Carers to abide by the Code of Conduct for Parents and Carers
- Rider members and guests to abide by the Code of Conduct for Young People
- Coaches and volunteers to abide by the Rules and Regulations of organisations that Cycle Sport Pendle is affiliated to e.g. British Cycling
From time to time, we may change these rules. Please see the website for the latest version.
Safeguarding Children and Child Protection
As a Go-Ride club, CSP adopts the British Cycling policies and procedures.
The CSP Club Welfare Officer, Sue Gornall should be contacted in the first instance if there is concern about child welfare.
CSP coaches leading sessions are either a fully qualified BC Coach or a BC Trainee Coach, or a coach from another sport area recognised by BC. CSP has Level 1, Level 2 and Club Coaches, some of which have additional qualifications.
A Trainee Coach will have completed the core coaching course, and passed the practical and theory assessments, and in possession of a valid first aid certificate. The Trainee Coach is still in the process of completing their practical coaching experience.
For further details about the BC Coaching Program see the BC website.